|COLONEL MARK E. SIGLER|
Colonel Mark E. Sigler is Commander, 452d Operations Group, March ARB, Calif. The 452d Operations Group is the Air Force Reserve's largest and only unit-equipped air mobility group, with nine C-17s, twelve KC-135Rs and approximately 650 reserve, active duty and civilian personnel.
Colonel Sigler entered the Air Force in 1986, receiving his commission after graduating from Loyola University in New Orleans. In 1992, Colonel Sigler was selected to the Air Education and Training Command's T-1A Jayhawk Initial Cadre, where he played a significant role in the implementation of the Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training program. In 1995 he moved to Grand Forks AFB, ND, as a KC-135R Instructor and Evaluator Pilot, Flight Commander and Chief of the Wing's Pacer CRAG conversion office. In 2000, Colonel Sigler left the Active Duty Air Force and joined the 72d Air Refueling Squadron at Grissom ARB, Ind., as a Traditional Reservist. He became an Air Reserve Technician in 2002, and served as Wing Plans Officer, Chief of the Standardization and Evaluation Division, Commander of the 434th Operations Support Squadron and Operations Officer of the 74th Air Refueling Squadron. He is a command pilot with over 6,000 military flying hours.
1986 Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Loyola University, New Orleans, La.
1994 Squadron Officer School, in residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1997 Master's of Science in Business Administration, Embry-Riddle University
2003 Air Command and Staff College, non-residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Air War College, non-residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. Jun 86-Dec 87, Student Pilot (Reese AFB); KC135 CCTS, Castle AFB, Calif.
2. Dec 87-Jul 90, KC-135A Pilot, Pease AFB, NH
3. Jul 90-Jul 95, T-38 and T-1A Instructor Pilot, Reese AFB, Texas.
4. Jul 95-Sep 00, KC-135 Aircraft Commander/Instructor Pilot, Grand Forks AFB, ND
5. Sep 00-Nov 02, KC-135 Instructor Pilot, 72nd Air Refueling Squadron, Grissom ARB, Ind.
6. Nov 02-Mar 04, Plans Officer, 434th Operations Support Squadron, Grissom ARB, Ind.
7. Mar 04-Jan 06, Chief, Stan/Eval, 434th Operations Group, Grissom ARB, Ind.
8. Jan 06-Jun 07, Commander, 434th Operations Support Squadron, Grissom ARB, Ind.
9. Jun 07-Oct 09, Operations Officer, 74th Air Refueling Squadron, Grissom ARB, Ind.
10. Oct 09-Dec 10, Commander, 916th Operations Support Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
11. Dec 10 - Present, Commander, 452d Operations Group, March ARB, Calif.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: Over 6,000
Aircraft Flown: KC-135A, T-38, T-1A, KC-135R
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Unit Award
AF Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border with one oak leaf cluster
AF Longevity Service with two oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 1 'M' Device
AF Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant Mar 1986
First Lieutenant Mar 1988
Captain Mar 1990
Major Nov 1997
Lieutenant Colonel Oct 2004
Colonel Nov 2010
(Current as of July 2011)