Colonel J. Corey Reed is the base Commander, 452nd Air Mobility Wing, Air Force Reserve Command, March Air Reserve Base, Calif. As base commander of the Air Force Reserve’s largest wing with more than 4,000 personnel, 9 C-17A Globemaster III’s and 14 KC-135R Stratotankers, he directs the support of worldwide airlift and air refueling operations. Col. Reed is also responsible for the daily operations of March ARB, which supports active duty, National Guard and Reserve tenants from the Air Force, Army, Navy and Marines as well as Department of Homeland Security personnel with the Air Marine Operations Center.
Col. Reed was commissioned in 2000 from the New Mexico State University ROTC program. After completing Undergraduate Pilot Training, Col. Reed served flying tours in the C-17A and has been an aircraft commander, instructor pilot, and flight examiner. He is now a command pilot with over 4,400 flying hours, including 955+ combat hours. Throughout his career, he has served as C-NAF and Wing Executive Officer, Wing Chief of Safety, Squadron Director of Operations, and Commanded the 955th Air Expeditionary Squadron.
Col. Reed has had the distinction of standing up three new C-17A squadrons, the 10th Airlift Squadron (AMC), 535th Airlift Squadron (PACAF), and a multi-national Heavy Airlift Squadron (Strategic Airlift Capability) in Hungary. Prior to his current assignment, Col. Reed was the Division Chief, Analysis and Future Programs Division, Inspector General, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
2000 Distinguished Graduate, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, N.M.
2002 Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
2005 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2007 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala,
2010 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2011 Master of Science in Industrial Engineering, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, N.M.
2021 Distinguished Graduate, Master of Strategic Studies, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
1. June 2000 - June 2001, Asst Information Technology Flight Commander, 37th Airlift Squadron, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
2. June 2001 - July 2002, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
3. July 2002 - October 2003, C-17A Pilot, 4th Airlift Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
4. October 2003 - December 2005, C-17A Instructor Pilot, 10th Airlift Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
5. December 2005 - January 2009, C-17A Evaluator Pilot, 535th Airlift Squadron/15th Operations Group, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
6. January 2009 - January 2011, C-17A Evaluator Pilot, Heavy Airlift Wing, Pápa Air Base, Hungary
7. January 2011 - March 2012, Chief Plans and Programs, 612th Theater Operations Group, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
8. March 2012 - July 2013, Chief Commander’s Action Group, 12th Air Force (Air Forces Southern), Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
9. July 2013 - June 2014, Executive Officer to the Commander, 12th Air Force (Air Forces Southern), Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
10. June 2014 - October 2015, C-17A Instructor Pilot, 535th Airlift Squadron, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
11. November 2015 - December 2017, Operations Officer and C-17A Evaluator Pilot, 535th Airlift Squadron, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii (April 2016 - August 2016, Deputy Commander, 386th Expeditionary Operations Group, Ali Al Salem Air Base, Kuwait)
12. December 2017 - July 2018, Director of Staff, 15th Wing Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii (July 2017 - July 2018, Commander, 955th Air Expeditionary Squadron, Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan)
13. July 2018 - July 2020, Plans and Policy Branch, NATO Allied Air Command, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
14. July 2020 - June 2021, Student, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
15. June 2021 - January 2022, Chief, Analysis and Future Programs Division, Office of the Inspector General, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
16. January 2022 - present, base Commander, 452nd Air Mobility Wing, March ARB, Calif.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: 4,498
Aircraft flown in: C-17A, C-130H, C-130J, EC-130H, T-1, and T-37
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor and four oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 2000
First Lieutenant June 2002
Captain June 2004
Major April 2010
Lieutenant Colonel October 2015
Colonel July 2021
(Current as of Jan 2022)